Car brakes are one of the most forgotten parts of a vehicle – especially when it comes to regular repairs. While unseen, your brakes are your safety lifeline and can protect your body and car from serious harm! While you may not get your brakes checked regularly (although you should!) there are some times when it is VITAL that you get your brakes checked out right away. The following signs can alert you to serious brake problems and let you know that a visit to your trusted automotive service shop for brake repair should be your next stop.
Get your car's brakes checked immediately if you notice any:
- Shaking or vibrating during braking
- Drifting to the right or left when applying your brakes
- Grinding, squealing, or squeaking noise when braking
- A delayed response in your brakes when you apply pressure to the pedal
- The pedal needs to be pushed all the way down in order to stop